Friday, February 1, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #32



How fun this challenge was! We were to use the Happy Birthday layout from the card on the front of the SAB brochure. I knew I did NOT want to do another Valentine or flower card so after searching around a bit I remembered the Moose You set! I really love this set and have only used it a few times so this was it's lucky day! The base of the card is Chocolate Chip followed by Sage Shadow. I pierced holes across the bottom of the Sage card stock and added a branch image in Chocolate Chip. Next is a piece of the retired Wintergreen paper. I so miss this paper the colors are wonderful. The focal image is stamped on Whisper White. I masked off the moose to stamp the trees behind him. I then stamped another moose head and cut it out and popped it up one the main image. I used Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke and Certainly Celery markers to make the ground. The whole image is mounted on Always Artichoke then Chocolate and finally a piece of zig zag cut Certainly Celery is behind it all. Other supplies used were, hodge podge hardware and twill tape along with the Lovely as a Tree set. Hope you enjoy and don't forget to click on the logo on my side bar to see all the other talented stamper's samples with this layout. I'm off to check them out myself. Hope you have a wonderful day --if you live around me try to keep warm, brrrrrrrrrr!!

22 nice people left a comment:

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

oh! i love this card! I never thought to combine lovely as a tree and moose you....very nice!

Lorabele said...

LOVE the card! Thanks for sharing. How did you do the zig zag cut on the strip? Did you use special scissors?

Barbara said...

BEAUTIFUL! ...and fun at the same time! What a fabulous card....but, you always crank out the most amazing cards. I want to be YOU when I grow up!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, Mary Jo! As always, you do a fantastic job with your cards...love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute, Mary Jo! This combination works great!!!

Amber Porter said...

This card is absolutely adorable! I love that little moose! Great job on the challenge!!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute MJ! I know what you mean about not another flower card, I need some more masculine set!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. It's just gorgeous. Love the color combo and all the elements you used.

Pat Huntoon said...

OHHH so cute! Love the trees behind the moose. As usual, your details are impeccable.

Lori said...

This is awesome! Love how you created a scene for the moose.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card...love the scenery behind the moose...and that moose is so very adorable! Fabulous job with the challenge.

Amy Caraluzzi said...

FABULOUS job with this set! The moose theme isn't usually my cup of tea but you've made me take another look! :-)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I really like that moose and he goes so well with Lovely as a Tree!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh mooses! How cute is he standing in front on the tree! (he he, it rhymes)...love it big time!

Claudia Perry said...

OMG - this is just THE best card EVER, done with this set, and I think you should be crowned queen of this weeks challenge! (no offense to you others playing along!). This card is stunning!!!!
Claudia

Stacy said...

Y'know, I think that's a darned clever use of both the card "template" and the moose! Absolutely adorable!

And ... I shouldn't rub it in, but ... we're in the mid-60s here in Texas (supposed to be 71 tomorrow). Please don't throw anything at me!!

Ida said...

Love your card. That moose is just so darn cute. Love the pierced border at the bottom with the little pinecone stamp. Great card.

Lisa Bohler said...

This little Moose just pops up and says, Hi! right to you! LOVE the main image and what you did with the layout!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute...yep...gonna have to buy that set...

Lisa Somerville said...

Awesome card MJ -such a great masculine card! Great idea to combine the moose with the trees.

Ladystamper said...

This is so cute! I love the trees behind the moose. You are so clever!

Karen said...

omgoodness - this is just too cute!! love it!!