Friday, May 16, 2008

Blogger's Challenge #47


This weeks Blogger's Challenge was to use the layout on page 21 of the Occasions Mini Collection. (the card with the dog) I had a hard time with the torn paper! Remember when that was all the rage and felt so "right" --- how could something that felt so right once feel so wrong now, lol! I am happy with my card though although I changed the landscape of the card I keep the rest -- including the torn paper! The base of the card is Brocade Blue followed by Chocolate Chip that has been scored every 1/4 inch using my Scor Pal. The main image is from On Eagles Wings from Our Daily Bread Designs -- as is the sentiment. I stamped the image on Whisper White in Basic Black and then colored it in with markers. Next I masked it and brayed Brocade Blue over the top and of course finished the focal image by tearing the top. It is layered on More Mustard. And finally I added a few white brads above the sentiment. Hope you like it.

17 nice people left a comment:

Elizebeth said...

I hear ya on the torn paper, at least you were brave enough to do it, lol! This is a great, bold card!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful Mary Jo! I love the colors and the image - goes perfect with your song!!

Connie Babbert said...

I agree! I used to tear paper all the time... I like how you turned it to a landscape card! Great job on the layout...

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fantastic card! I love how you changed the layout just a bit! Wonderfully done! :D

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a wonderfully masculine card. Good for you to be so brave to tear...lol Fabulous card.

Barb Hardeman said...

Mary Jo this is gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! I love your scoring on the base, you colored you eagle perfectly and your sentiment is so lifting (no pun intended). Super job on this challenge...

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, I just love the eagle stamp and I may have to commit rubbahdultery and buy those scriptures.

Anonymous said...

Great card! Turning the layout works well.

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful job coloring! Love what you did with this challenge and how you turned your image! TFS!

Basement Stamper said...

MJ, I know exactly what you mean about the torn paper. I remember ALWAYS tearing the paper.

Love the eagle and the colors you used, great card!

Pat Huntoon said...

I love how you changed it up -- I agree, it felt wrong to tear a chunk off the paper! Strange layout, but it works here.

Nikki Bond said...

Very beautiful and regal looking! What a wonderful masculine card! Great job! {SMILES}

Ida said...

Great card. Eagles are so majestic and this one looks fabulous on your card. I like that you were brave enough to "tear" on your card.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very cool card...I'm a bird Mom, and we have an Eagle nest that we watch!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful stamps - love the rotated sketch.

Lisa Bohler said...

What a great turn of a sketch! Wonderful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful coloring of the eagle! Great job on the card!!