Friday, June 20, 2008

A Full Year of Blogger's Challenges! Today is week 52.

Wow, time flies when you enjoy what you are doing. And I have so enjoyed being a part of the Blogger's Challenge group. Lisa is a great group leader and has been wonderful at coming up with fun ideas to keep our creative juices flowing. Thanks Lisa!

This weeks challenge was Masculine Cards. This seems to be a type of card a lot of us have trouble coming up with ideas for so it should be fun to see what the rest of the group came up with. Don't forget that the links can be found on my sidebar by clicking the logo for Blogger's Challenge Players.


Here is my card -- I am glad that this set is not retiring -- I am hoping for more masculine stamps in the new catalog -- I am keeping my fingers crossed (which is making it hard to type, lol)



This card took me about 15 minutes from idea to finished card. Got to love that. The layout is the MoJo Monday Challenge 42. This is my second card with this great sketch. I am calling this card my Shiny Grunge 2 card. I made one similar but different for submission to something so you will have to wait to see that one. The focal image is done on Whisper White card stock which I tore and added Tim Holts distress ink (vintage photo). I love how it turned out. The tag itself is actually from a pair of jeans I bought, I knew I could use it someday for a card so I saved it. I may have to go buy more jeans cuz this was my last tag, lol. Hope you enjoy my care, thanks for stopping by. Here are the details of supplies used.

Stamps: Bronc Buster
Paper: Brocade Blue, River Rock, Whisper White card stock and Western Sky Designer Paper
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Other: Anchored rub on, , hodgepodge hardware brad, faux brads and star (JoAnn's) and tag from my jeans.

20 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great card. Those silver brads are the perfect "manly" embellishment. Great job!

Nikki Bond said...

WOW...I love the vintage look of this card! The tag looks aged and worn and the hardware is perfect! What a wonderful masculine card! {SMILES}

Patti Chesky said...

I love the colors on this card. It looks like a pair of Levi jeans. The distressing on the tag is the perfect touch!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great manly card - the brads are a wonderful touch -reminds me of the studs on Levi pockets.

Barb Hardeman said...

Oh yes! This is a "manly" card for sure. I love the aged and rugged look of your tag, with the hemp twine. The silver brads are just the finishing touch. Great job on this challenge card....

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Looooooooooooove it! A perfect masculine card. I agree with the others - it looks just like Levi's!

Anonymous said...

wow! Great idea for the 3 panels and brads. Nice color combo too!

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card! I love everything about it. When I clicked on it, I actually gasped. Wonderful job!

Ladystamper said...

Great card! I love all the metal and texture on there. You did an awesome job!

rozie640 said...

Fabulous card, I am glad this set made the new catty. I ditto what the other girls have said, love the BRADS!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Love your Shiny Grunge! Awesome card!

Ida said...

Fabulous! Western is so "cool" in my opinion and you did a great job with this. Cool layout and I love the "tag" look and the brads are a great detail along with your little rope.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card and I am wondering what it is that you are up to......I enjoy viewing all of the challenges! I cannot make a card in 15 minutes..... Great look- love the tag and the brads and all! TFS

Chrissy D said...

FABULOUS! Love the three panels - colors and layout are great! TFS!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the panels and the silver charms you chose! The twine is a perfect addition to the tag, too! I also love the extra star on the tag!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fantastic card Mary Jo! Your design is terrific! Love the brads and the tag...too funny about the jeans! :D

Kathie Bailey said...

The color combo is wonderful. I love the rustic beauty of your card Mary Jo.

Lori said...

This is great! The silver embellishments and the twine work so well for a masculine card.

Rhonda Kelly said...

LOVE this card. The colors are great.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful manly card...great layout and colors!

Connie