Sunday, November 23, 2008

Monday Lunchtime Sketch #45

Here we are again, getting ready for a brand new week and of course a brand new sketch too. This week's sketch is pretty darn easy, I even made two cards for it! Here is the sketch.

And here is my first card. I so love this Stampin Up set called Season of Friendship. It is so easy and fun to work with. I used it here with the Baja Breeze designer papers to create a 4 1/4 inch square card. So quick and easy.






Stamps: Season of Friendship
Paper: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White along with the Baja Breeze designer series papers.
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Red Riding Hood Red
Other: snow flake punch, slice for background snowflake, mini pearl and glitter gel pen, Nestabilities


This next card is using a stamps set called Santa's Little Helpers from Storage Units Ink and More (SUINK). This is a cute little set with this Santa and some elves, stockings, snowman and more. Very fun to work with. I stamped the Santa and then paper pieced his outfit to give him a little style. The saying is from the set that you can earn for FREE this month from SUINK-it is called All Holiday Sentiments. Better hurry up, time is running out on that one!



Stamps: Santa's Little Helpers, All Holiday Sentiments (SUINK)
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red designer paper
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Markers, gel pens, faux brads, Nestabilities

Don't forget about the new way to play! After you create you card come on back to this post and all your link below to Mister Linky. Then leave me a comment. Your link will be automatically added to the list. Remember to only link up if you have a card created and when you do be sure to add a direct link to the card or project that was inspired by the sketch. Can't wait to see your designs. Have a great week. Remember that you can come back and look at the new links any time during the week or see them all at the end of the week.







12 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

these are both great!!! i LOVE the santa card, such a cute image!!!!

Barbara said...

This is a great....and easy sketch! I'm playing along this week.....it's good to be back!! LOVE your card, so cute!!

Kerry D-C said...

These are great MJ! Love the santa card...WAY CUTE!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards MJ!

Barbara said...

Oh! I forgot the tree card, which is just gorgeous, of course!! I'm so tempted to purchase that set!! Lovely!

Janna said...

I am definetly saving this sketch for future use! It is fantastic! I love both of your cards especially the snowman one, he is so cute!!!

Lots of smiles,

Janna

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards MJ and love the sketch this week!

MelissaS said...

Your samples are fabulous! This sketch is definitely a keeper :)

Holly said...

I changed the sketch a teeny bit - used a nesty shape instead of an oval. Thanks for some great inspiration with the cards you did for your sketch! Enjoy your weekend! :-)

Unknown said...

love the sketch and sample! left ya something on my blog :) http://pezadoodle.blogspot.com/2008/11/amazing.html

will be posting my card later this week but i already have it done
hugs
M

Fountain of Memories said...

I love your samples I really like the bird in the tree. Thank you for the great challenge

Margaret Kane Ward said...

I really liked this design. Thanks so much. I'm gonna make about 3 or 4 of these cards. I like the thin profile; less expensive to mail!!!