Monday, April 20, 2009

LNS challenge using the color throwdown!

Mondays are so buys for me, between my sketch challenge and the weekly challenge on Latenight Stampers I have a lot to do, not to mention that it is the first day of the new week and there always seems to be a lot of regrouping from the weekend going on! This week's challenge on Latenight Stampers was a sketch challenge! I love those. I actually made three cards for it and they are all using the same colors. The color throwdown challenge.

The colors this week were just beautiful! Once I started I could not stop, lol. If you notice there is one in the last post too so I actually made four cards with these colors. You can see the other one HERE if you missed it.

And of course this also is 100% current Stampin Up! so it qualifies for my Your Hired Again Series. I lost count, lol.

The first card is using the hostess set A little Somethin'. What a fun set and it matches our punches! Got to love that.

Stamps: A little somethin'
Paper: Ruby Red, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Urban Oasis DP
Ink: Ruby Red and Baja Breeze
Other: brads, ribbons, heart punch

Next is another Hostess set -- Rustic Rooster. I did not really like this set at first but I have had some real fun with it. You can see the other cards and home decor I made with it by clicking on the following links. Here and Here and Here.


Stamps: Rustic Rooster and Really Retro
Paper: Basic Grey, Ruby Red, Baja Breeze and Whisper White
Ink: Ruby Red, Baja Breeze
Other: small, large and scallop oval punches, pretties kit, ribbon.

And finally I decided to turn the sketch on it's side for this last one using the Upsy Daisy set.

Stamps: Uppsy Daisy
Paper: Urban Oasis DP, Baja Breeze DP, Ruby Red, Whisper White,
Ink: Going Grey, Ruby Red, Baja Breeze
Other: sponges, brads, ribbon, large and scallop oval punches.

And now so you can play along here is the sketch.


Want to join the fun? Come on over and join the Latenight Stamper's Group. There are literally hundreds of fabulous 100% Stampin Up projects posted each month! You need be a part of this. It is so fun and inspriational. And EVERYONE is so nice. No nastey e-mails or complaining. Sherrill and the whole group are great at keeping it fun. Click the logo below to join.

Best Stampin Up! Site Around

Best Stampin Up! Site Around
want to join click on the logo

Hope you have a wonderful Monday! I am off to physical therapy soon so I will see ya later!
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

LeAnne said...

Wow, what wonderful cards! You were on a roll! I don't use my hostess sets enough, it is good to see them inked up!
Thanks for playing (and playing, and playing....!)
LeAnne

Broni said...

Wow! Have you been busy! Love all your cards! Thanks again for playing along with us!

Virginia Killmore said...

Mary Jo Love your cards I have this set and have yet to use it great inspiration TFS

Tammy said...

I love all these cards!! I really like the sweet pearls--they just look so pretty!

Kerry D-C said...

WOW! you rocked this color challenge!! FABBY cards!! all of them!!