Friday, August 28, 2009

Blogger's Challenge!

Let me start this post by saying -- DID YOU EVER HAVE ONE OF THOSE DAYS?????

It is only 9:45 and I have already had just about everything that could go wrong go wrong. It is actually becoming quite comical, remember I have a strange sense of humor so that could have something to do with why I am finding it funny. I won't bore you with all the details but I do want to publicly (especially since my hubby don't read my blog--I don't think) admit that HE was right. Ohhhh how I hate that. I have this shelving unit next to my desk that is 5 foot high and it it is one of those wire units. He is always saying---"ya know that thing is gonna fall some day with all the sh*# you pile on there. It gonna knock you right out!" Of course I just smile and nod--yea yea yea. Well guess what happened this morning. Yep you got it. Fell and yep, it hit me when it fell--didn't knock me out though so he is not 100% right, lol. What a mess I have. I was laughing so hard at how many things have gone wrong this morning that I decided to just leave it for a while so I don't hurt myself again cleaning up the mess. So here I am with my blogger's challenge post--with a huge mess all around me.

Today Lisa gave us a sketch--you guys all know I love sketches and since I missed last week I made two for this week!

First is a card made with stamps from Storage Units Ink and More. It is a card that has a ornament that the recipient can take off the card and hang on their tree or where ever. At least I hope that is what they do with it and not throw it away, lol

Here is the card together....

and here is a separate picture of the ornament by itself. Cute huh? I love this retired paper as you can tell, since I used it on both of my cards today.

And my second card is another adorable image from Mo's Digital Pencil. I love mice. I actually have a huge collection of them made from many different things but they have been boxed up for years--I don't know where to put them all. I boxed them up when my son was little to make the house more child friendly and to protect them from getting broken but now that my son is older he has pretty much taken over all the whole house with his stuff and there is no room for my collection. Oh well, back to the adorable card. If I wasn't so stinkin lazy I would make this for all my Christmas cards this year, but there is no way I could color this images that many times, lol.



Isn't he the cutest ever! I just love this card.

Card One
Stamps: tree and sentiment both from SUINK
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Real Red, Night of Navy, retired dp
Ink: Basic Black, Night of Navy
Other: copics, bling, ribbon, brads, bows, cardboard ornament, sticklers, liquid applique

Card Two
Stamps: digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil
Ink: None
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Whisper White, retired dp
Other: Brads, ribbon, copics, rub ons

Don't forget to check out what the other girls are doing by clicking on the logo on my sidebar.

Happy today--here's to it can only get better!

Mary Jo

20 nice people left a comment:

Unknown said...

VEry cute cards, MJ. Love the detachable ornament idea !

Lorie said...

That is great MJ! Sometimes, it is so hard to admit that "they" are right! LOL! I'm glad you are okay though!

Connie Babbert said...

Both cards are SO sweet! I love the removable ornament idea!

Selene Kempton said...

I hate it when they are right ~ my hubby is always right, so that's a pretty big thing to live up to.. When I do catch him (being wrong), I dont let him live it down! I say... leave it all there, and go to ikea! Get yourself some storage cubes. They Rock.. you can get them in multiple sizes, and if you email me with your phone number, i'll show you a bunch of examples, they're all over my house.

I'm glad you're not hurt, your cards are amazing, as always. :)

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute are those! Love the detachable ornament and the digi image is just too dang cute!

Patti J. said...

Wowzers - you've been busy! That's a LOT of coloring and cutting! Great job, and I sure hope your day gets better! (I hate it when DH's right...)

Lisa Bohler said...

Both cards and your wall hanging are wonderful! I especially love the tiny satin bows on the first card!

Ida said...

What a double delight your cards are. So So Cute! Great idea with the ornament and that mouse image is adorable.

Tami Black said...

You are just the funniest! Love the ribbon treatment on this card. I tried to do something fabulous and said, "Nah!" Thanks for showing me how it should have been done!

Nikki Bond said...

These are both amazing! Love the bow detail on both! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are darling Mary Jo! The ornament is a terrific idea! :D

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful designs!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great projects Mary Jo - glad you were not hurt!

:) Marcia P

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Cute cards! Love the idea of the ornament attached to the card!

The Wired Angel said...

I'm with you on this one.. I hate when my husband is right (fortunately, tee-hee, it's not often!!). Love what you did with Mo's image.. Great job. Hugs, PeggyM

Connie Fossenier said...

mary jo all of your cards are just adorable. Roaring at your story..You are prompting me to clean my shelf today.
connie paxman

Lori said...

I have definitely had days like that, too!! Love the card with the removable ornament--great way to use this sketch.

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Awesome cards, Mary Jo! I love the idea of a gift within a card! The second card reminds me of a series of Hallmark mice ornaments I received growing up...too cute!

Unknown said...

OMG!! These are awesome!! I love both of them and the ribbon on both of them!! Awesome!! AND that detachable ornament is stinkin' clever!!

Leonie Schroder said...

awesome cards as always Mary Jo!! Love the ornament idea and hope you've now reorganised yourself again - you shoulda made him tidy it up cos its his fault it fell - if he hadnt said anything then it would never have happened!!