Sunday, August 30, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #85

Here we are again, another Sunday night --getting ready for a new week!

We know that that always means a new sketch challenge so welcome to
WEEK 85

Please consider playing along, it is a fun sketch and I would love to have more players.

When uploading on line please use the key words TSSC85 and then be sure to head on back here to leave a comment and leave a link on Mister Linky so we can add it to the end of week re-cap. You must be posted by 8pm on Sunday night to be sure of getting into the re-cap, but you can play along any time!

Here is this week's sketch....





I haven't pulled this set out in quite a while so I thought it might be fun to play with.


As you can see I was way too lazy to cut out all of those flowers so I used a punch to punch them out instead.

Stamps: Season of Friendship
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, To the Nines Speciality DP
Ink: Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip
Other: ribbon, buttons and brads

As you are probably getting use to I have been trying to combine my sketch with the challenge on Latenightstampers each week. I am on the DT and need to have a sample ready and posted by Monday so it works to combine. This week the challenge is to create something 3d---hmmmm, how am I gonna make that work with this sketch. Then I figured I would make a box to hold this bread mix that I purchased and then make a matching card--hence, covering both challenges in one. I think it is really a cute little thank you gift, I wish I could taste the bread but it was the only one they had left.

Here is a picture of the matching set...

and now the pictures of the card.....

and the box by themselves.


Supplies for both:

Stamps: Tart and Tangy, Bright Blessing Wheel
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo
Other: brads, ribbon, curly label punch, wide oval punch, rub ons, corduroy brads,

Simple and Sweet! Got to love that. Come on and play along--you'll have fun, I promise!


There was one early player this week and it is beautiful!

Rose on Splitcoaststampers



Don't forget to leave your link below on Mister Linky!

Happy Monday!
Mary Jo








9 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Bohler said...

LOVE your cherry card! Super cute set!

Sorry I forgot to email you my pic yesterday. I had it done before I left last Wed....I'll try to get it done early enough this week!

MelissaS said...

I've missed the last week or so, because I was off having my baby. But love this week's sketch and hope to get to it in the next few days! Your samples are gorgeous - I love the gift set :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful card and project - thahks for the easy sketch

Juliet A said...

Nice sketch - clean, simple and effective. I will probably use this again.

Janny said...

Hi, I enjoyed your sketch. I used some of my new supplies that just came on Friday. Thanks for the opportunity to play along

Barbara said...

This is such a fun little sketch....I'm loving it! Thanks!! I have another version created just last night. You can see it here: http://barbsstampingspot.blogspot.com/2009/09/another-edition-of-mjs-layout.html

Darla said...

great sketch, I hope to participate more in the future.

Mary C said...

Thanks for such a wonderful sketch Mary Jo. I think it was one of my favorites! Thanks for letting us play each week. I loved your cheery, cherry gift set!

Leonie Schroder said...

great sketch and great projects again Mary Jo!