Friday, October 16, 2009

Catching up--AGAIN!

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get back up!

This is the quote of my week. If it can go wrong it has. It has been a very long week. The good news is that I am not defeated, and I am back up and running. I won't bore you will all the details, lol. Let's just say I have been tested a few times this week and I am still standing! God is good.

Anyway, now that I am able to post (my camera was not working for a few days) I am gonna try to catch up. Wednesday should have been my Super Set Sampler post. Since this is only week three and I already had a problem posting two out of the three weeks I think I am going to set this aside until the first of the year. I will start it back up then. I did have a couple of cards made to post. The set was going to be The More the Merrier. Such a fun set. It is a level three hostess set. Here are two samples using it.

(by the way if I owe you something please let me know, I am behind on mostly everything.)

This first card is also for the Latenight Stamper's challenge this week. Such a simple sketch I love it.


The next one just makes me smile, hence my sentiments.


And then this is my blogger's challenge post. We were to alter something. I have so many frames laying around so I thought I would mess around with my MDS and come up with a hybrid holiday decoration. I really wish I had more time to play with this program. I am sure I will have more time after this weekend and the CROP walk. I can not believe it is this week already. I am soooo not ready, lol. Imagine that!

Be sure to click on the logo on my sidebar for the other Blogger's Challenge players!




Card 1
Stamps: The More the Merrier
Paper: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, To the Nines DP
Ink: Chocolate chip
Other: Markers, circle punches, scallop circle and square punch, corduroy buttons, embossing plate for texture

Card 2

Stamps: The More the Merrier, Fast and Fun Notes
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Really Rust and Old Olive DP
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Other: markers, word window punch, rub on, top note die

Frame. Done using MDS, felt snowflakes and Many Merry Messages

Thanks for stopping by.
Mary Jo

By the way there are only a few more days to get in on the big giveaway by making a donation to my CROP walk efforts. You can see the prizes HERE

Visit my personal page, where you can make a secure online credit card donation. Your gift can help save a life!

CLICK HERE TO DONATE!

Thanks so much!

19 nice people left a comment:

Connie Babbert said...

Mary Jo...good luck this weekend! I'm SURE you have been SUPER busy with everything! I love your cards and project this week...great job!

Lorie said...

Wow, girl! Those are all amazing projects! I don't have More the Merrier either so maybe next week! :o)

Barbara said...

What a fabulous way to show off some of your favorite Christmas time photos! Sure wish SU had come out with those felt snowflakes again....mine are almost gone! LOVE how you used them here.

Basement Stamper said...

I love the frame, it's gorgeous!!!

Mary said...

All three of your projects are lovely. The card with the pumpkins made me smile.

I hope that next week will be a much better week for you. :)

Mary

Alice said...

Love your cards and your awesome frame!! WOW!!!

Tami Black said...

MaryJo,

One thing you can be sure of: If you keep getting knocked down and I know some of the things you are doing, consider that your efforts must be bearing fruit and Satan doesn't want you to succeed. I know you are very active in your church and for God -- keep getting back up! Satan will get the message that you're serious and he'll soon move on to the next person he has to bother -- Love your projects and your convictions!

Nikki Bond said...

Fantastic! Great job this week! {SMILES}

Lisa Somerville said...

Great projects - love the MDS frame - good luck with your walk!

Lisa Bohler said...

Wow...good work catching up!

Love your BC choice!! Adorable!

Ida said...

Well I am happy that you are perseverant in spite of the difficulties because these projects turned out great.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful frame Mary Jo! So glad you could find time to create! Your projects are always wonderful! :D

Unknown said...

Love love love all three of your projects!! I love this sketch you gave us to work with and your cards are super!! I also love this MDS project you did too!!! Have a great weekend and heres to a much better week next week!!

Unknown said...

Beautifully done, MJ! LOVE the frame project - so cool!
I hope your walk was a big success!

Margaret Raburn said...

Your scrapbook page is so pretty! What a great idea to frame your holiday pictures! Glad to see you again! Missed you!

tonistamps said...

I love them all Mary Jo! I really like the frame...ready to put out for Christmas. I'm getting in the mood already!

Selene Kempton said...

This is nothing short of GORGEOUS!!! I really love your framed artwork!

Rachel Hope said...

Great stuff! Love the frame!!!

Anonymous said...

Great projects--frames are wonderful to alter!