Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mambo Eggplant Christmas

I am so into the non-traditional colors for Christmas Cards. This one is so much prettier in real life, my camera needs to be tuned or something? Anyway this card is made with Elegant Eggplant and Melon Mambo--so pretty. The image is colored with my watercolor pencils, haven't used those in a long time!

This is my first time playing along with the Stampin 411 challenge. I always forget about it. I really could not resist this one the layout just screamed this set to me. There are so many challenges and so little time. I am gonna try to make this a regular, I don't have a regular Saturday sketch. Come on and check it out with me. You can find the sketch below my card or follow the link above.

Here is the sketch...

All supplies Stampin Up!

Stamps: Holy Triptych, Scenic Season, Serene Snowflake
Paper: Elegant Eggplant, Mellon Mambo, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black, Elegant Eggplant
Other: watercolor pencils, blender pen, silver marker,

This is also a contribution to this upcoming week's Challenge on Latenightstampers, you will have to check back later tonight to hear what it is, and of course to see this week's Technostamper Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge.

Till then, have fun!
Mary Jo

14 nice people left a comment:

RDH said...

Beautiful card!!! I love those colors for this!!!!!
Heather RDH

jaydee said...

Mary Jo, this is gorgeous. I love the colors and the details. thanks for sharing
jaydee

Unknown said...

MJ, this card is beautiful! I agree that this image is perfect for the sketch, you've done a fabulous job with it!
So glad you are playing along with us!

Carey said...

I love the card in every way. The details are the best. And by the way, I love this music. Mercy Me is great.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Selene Kempton said...

WOW Mary Jo! I love what you did with this sketch. I hadn't thought to use this set with it, and it is stunning. I love your non traditional colors. Gorgeous!!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

gbarron56 said...

Hi MaryJo -- wow -- you did a great job with this card. I love your choise of stamp sets and what an unexpected color combination -- but it works beautifully! Fabulous job with this week's sketch challenge! I hope you are able to play along with the Stamping 411 operators again soon! Thanks for sharing -- blessings, Gretchen

Unknown said...

Love your card MaryJo!!! Awesome color combo and I love the stamp set you used!! Thanks for playing along this week!! I am happy you decided to join us!!

Connie Babbert said...

Mary Jo, this is STUNNING! Love the colors, the set you used...everything! Thanks for joining us this week!

Kay Kalthoff said...

100% lovely. TFS!
Kay

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Beautiful! Congrats on picked for the Stampers Showcase over at the Stamping 411 blog!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Beautiful! Congrats on picked for the Stampers Showcase over at the Stamping 411 blog!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the 411 pick, too!