Tuesday, January 12, 2010

411 Birthday and What the heck was I thinking?!

Happy Tuesday.  I am so tired today, I stayed up way too late reading last night.  I started a new book called Your All That by Paula White. Plus my new devotional book that my dear friend Shelly gave be by Beth Moore called Praying God's Word.  Now I am praying that God gives me the energy to get through my day, lol!
Anyway I have a couple of cards to share that I made last night.  The first one is for the 411 sketch challenge. Here is the sketch for this week.






And here is my card.  This was the fourth card I made yesterday and it was taking a bit longer than I like to spend on one card, lol.  But now that it is done I am really happy with it.  I used the pencil over marker technique on the flowers.



I am so loving this Sweet Pea Paper pack, fun colors.

Stamps: Vintage Labels (sab), Bloomin' Beautiful
Paper: Old Olive, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Sweet Pea Paper Pack
Ink: Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Rose Red
Other: embossing folder, ribbon, circle punches, markers, colored pencils, gel pen

And now for the WHAT WAS I THINKING part of the post.  Can you image that I did not like or want the hostess set Love Bug.  But since I already have all the other level one sets I thought what the heck, maybe I can come up with something cute using it.  Well I really loved the Valentine I made yesterday with the little lady bug but I LOVE this card. How stinkin cute is this.  I can't believe I almost didn't get this adorable set!!!


 
 
Isn't that little baby bug just too cute!  I love the bright colors on this card too.  I bet you want the set now too!

Stamps: Love Bug (hostess), Pick a Petal, Nursery Necessities 
Paper: Crushed Curry, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Whisper White and Mellon Mambo DP
Ink: Basic Black, Melon Mambo
Other: markers, circle punches, scallop circle punch, ribbon, brads

Well that is enough for today.  I can't believe I have about 10 cards that I have not shared with you guys yet.  Been busy creating lately. 

I hope you have a fabulous Tuesday!
Mary Jo

10 nice people left a comment:

Unknown said...

MJ, this card is stunning! I love that stamp set so much and you've just done a beautiful job with it. The circle paper gives it such a fresh feel!
Thanks for playing along this week!

Selene Kempton said...

Simply Stunning! I love the new paper with that flower pot stamp! Gorgeous!!

Ruthie said...

oooo I know how you feel - I work in libraries and am so fortunate to have lots of books to read....but last night I just had to finish a book I was reading...well, that was after doing 2 cards and blogging (and reading blogs!)..then hubby came to bed and woke me up coughing (he said he was trying to do it quietly!!) - then woke me up again a little later by snoring...grrrr!
I am just amazed you are not cross-eyed this morning!

Leigh said...

I like your cards especially the blooming with beauty one using the 411 sketch.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow these are two stunning cards love them both

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous and cute. Love em' both. You've done a brilliant job of coloring in your images. especially the first one. wow!

Kathy W said...

pretty first card, I too did want the love bug but liked how you combined it with pick a petal which is just sitting on my shelf unloved.

Connie Babbert said...

Both are beautiful cards, Mary Jo! I love that floral set! Thanks for playing along with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

Kay Kalthoff said...

What lovely cards - congrats on being featured this week at Stamping 411. I really think that baby card is cute and super creative. TFS!!
Kay

Corie said...

So beautiful -- love it