Friday, January 8, 2010

Blogger's challenge overdone!

OK, so maybe I over did this one a bit, lol.  I was going for the distressed, soft look but I think I got more of a overdone grunge look!  Oh well, as many already know---my words for the year are "it is what it is"  No Stress!
So that pretty much means you get what you get, lol, sorry about that!

This week's challenge is a sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch and of course my grungy card.



So what do you think?  I went too far.....???

Stamps: Abundant Hope and Well Scripted
Paper: Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Whisper White and Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip and Basic Black
Other: pinking heart border punch, chocolate chip epoxy brad, markers, tools kit, embossing folder, chit chat rub on, ribbon

Check out the rest of the players by clicking on the logo on my sidebar.
Hope you have a wonderful day--stay warm and TGIF!
Mary Jo

21 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Bohler said...

I don't think that it went too far! I always love the look that distress or as you put it "grunge" cards have! I really like how the main image panel turned out.

Tami Black said...

Not overdone at all! This is darling and I absolutely love it!

Juliet A said...

Really, I like this a LOT. All the textures you have going on make this monochromatic card really pop!

Lisa Martz said...

Not overdone at all! Very pretty and it is a perfect "grunge" card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am not usually a fan of yellows- but this is just GORGEOUS!!! Perfectly embellished too!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

This is a beautiful card. Very lovely work - I sure don't see grunge(what is that anyway?).
Cheers;
Cynthia

Lisa Somerville said...

Simply beautiful, not overdone at all. Love all the extra touches.

Ida said...

This is lovely and not at all "over done"

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love the yellows...very springy! {SMILES}

Vickie Kertz said...

I really like the look. I love the ways the things come together.

Lori said...

Definitely not overdone! All of the elements work together beautifully.

Basement Stamper said...

I think the card looks beautiful, I'm right there with you on the distressing, mine ends up looking like grunge, but it's still very pretty!

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty and not over done at all! I love it.

Judy Jackson

judystamper at verizon dot net

Sherry said...

It has a wonderfully distressed look and I love it! The dots and colors used and the ink'd edges work really great together and I love the torn corner what a great idea for the sentiment!

rush8888 said...

in general...if you feel you have to apologize, throw it out. whose expectations are you trying to meet? i think this card would make it at every level, from pristine to stressed to grunge. maybe there needs to be a challenge about this. make 3 of the same cards, leave as is, stress one and grunge one out to the max. my guess is that each would be quite satisfying.

scrappingnana said...

I like it a lot. I don't think it is overdone at all. TFS

Connie Fossenier said...

I simply love this card and saved it...so elegant with the black and dotted embossing..
keep em coming.
connie paxman

Tangii Crain said...

I Love it Mary Jo and it's perfect!!! Wouldn't change a thing!!! Have a great week!

Selene Kempton said...

No way ~ not overdone at all! This is gorgeous in every way! I love the color scheme and your attention to each small detail! you're a rockstar!

Cara said...

no I don't think you went to far it's a great card I really like it

Chrissy D said...

I think it is GORGEOUS!