Saturday, January 22, 2011

Playing catch up--Latenightstamper's and Blogger's challenge

I was so busy getting the new tutorial ready that I fell behind.  It would have been all good if my stinking computer would cooperate with me.  More than halfway though the tutorial I lost everything--it would not let me open it no way no how without freezing up my whole computer so I had to start all over!  Yikes.  Anyway it is done and it is up and you can see it here if you wish.  But for the matter at hand.  I am playing catch up with a few challenges.  This week on Latenightstampers the theme is to make sympathy cards and the theme of the Blogger's challenge this week was to use patterned paper.  So I pulled out my one sheet wonder tutorial and used 1/3 of it to create these three cards.



All three cards were made using 1/3 of a sheet of designer paper and two sheets of Pear Pizazz card stock along with a few scraps of Whisper White and some ribbon.  The stamp set used is Thanks for Caring from the new Occasions Mini.  Would love to have you play along with either of these challenges.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Mary Jo

7 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Bohler said...

What a great collection of cards with your template! Super well done!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Sympathy cards MJ - sure to bring comfort to those who receive them!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great use of DSP- I love the cards- that would be a perfect gift- a collection of coordinating cards.

Barbara said...

What a great idea!....use DSP for the "one sheet wonder" theme. Your cards are all lovely, of course, each is prettier than the next. Wonderful job, as always!

Basement Stamper said...

beautiful Sympathy cards, love how different all 3 of them look.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are beautiful Mary Jo! The colors are just lovely! Such great designs! I especially love the layout of the last one! :D

Ida said...

Wonderful grouping of cards. It's great to see how one pattern of DP can be used to create more then one card.