Friday, February 1, 2013

Masking and Sponging

I am combining three challenges today--first Splitcoaststamper';s F4A154--make a cute Valentine with a heart-- the Stampin Up  Only challenge to create a clean and simple Valentine card and the second is the Blogger's Challenge--remember this!  I have not played along in so long although I always mean to--so today I am!  The challenge over there is to create your own background.  That sounded too fun to pass up.  So I pulled out the new SAB set Madison Avenue and used the leaf type elements with some masking and sponging to come up with this....

Can  anyone me what I am going to do when the colors Pool Party and Island Indigo retire!  My goodness I use them on almost every card lately! I just love this combo.

Stamps: Madison Avenue, PS I love you (retired)
Paper: Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo
Other: ribbon, printer paper for masking, sponges, marker for edging, Heart Framelits

Hope you have a fabulous weekend--by the way why not play along with my sketch challenge over the weekend--only three players so far (insert sad face) I need more!  Click HERE to play along. 

9 nice people left a comment:

Nancy Seed said...

Great job of combining challenges. Love the outcome of the card. I agree with the Pool Party colour though. Don't have it but love it. Great job Mary Jo.

Unknown said...

They are beautiful. You will have to stock up on refills before they retire.

Barb said...

Nice Job. You will have to stock up on refills before they retire.

Heidi Baks said...

Very unique card! It is lovely the layers you created with some ink. Thanks for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Carol Carriveau said...

Zowey...great colors and card!

Jan Hoyt said...

what a great card, love the way you did your own b/g and the colors are great too!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely monochromatic card, fabulous masking! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

So "cool" to have a blue Valentine! Lovely masking tech. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge this time!

Karen Barber said...

Lovin' your blue valentine!!!